Friday, September 7, 2012

New Products

I know it's been a while since I've posted; unfortunately my internet access will be spotty for the next few months so I won't be able to update this blog as often as I'd like.  Still, I'd like to highlight a few upcoming products for several different game systems.

The One Ring Covers
The covers for Heart of the Wild and Darkening of Mirkwood have been spoiled.  Heart of the Wild will be a setting sourcebook for Wilderland, while Darkening of Mirkwood is the first campaign guide.  Given the quality of Tales From Wilderland, an anthology of 7 adventures (and I'm usually not a fan of published adventures), I'm really looking forward to these releases!  As much as I like coming up with my own material as a GM, I've found it to be quite challenging in Middle Earth, and I think these two upcoming books will be a boon.

13 True Ways Kickstarter
13th Age hasn't been released yet, but there's an active Kickstarter for its first supplement, 13 True Ways.  Though the supplement lacks focus, I think it will complement the core book quite nicely.  I've grown quite fond of this game's design, even more than I was when I wrote my initial review of the core book. 

Star Wars:  Edge of the Empire (FFG)
I meant to post this a while ago, but I preordered the Beta version of Edge of the Empire from Fantasy Flight Games.  It arrived a day before I moved for my seasonal job, hence the delay in posting about it.  Unfortunately the beta is sold out, but the final product will be released next year.  I've had a chance to read through the entire book, and I'm extremely impressed with the system.  A more comprehensive review will be forthcoming, but there are a lot of really cool mechanics that set this game apart, and character generation looks to be extremely flexible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment